Thursday, May 30, 2013

Heading home

Today I drove from Kansas to Ohio where I am looking forward to spending time with my family. 

I spent the last two nights with Karen and Bill Barker. I met Karen when a Tater Tour bus trip came to Pennsylvania last October. The bus load of walkers did two Philadelphia walks one day and two Valley Forge walks the next. There was a large contingent of Liberty Bell Wanderers that joined them on their walks. 

Karen and Bill have an amazing house out in the country where you can hear coyotes howl at night.  Karen gave me a tour of the City of Leavenworth and the Army Fort. Both were very impressive and picturesque being located along the shore of the Missouri River.  On the Fort we toured the Frontier Army Museum which was very interesting. 

Brenda Lange who was on the same Tater Tour trip also offered to put me up. Brenda and Karen are both members of the Kansas Jaywalkers and Clay-Platte Trackers AVA clubs. I have a great picture of the two of them doing their Rocky impersonation running up the steps to the Philadelphia Museum of Art. They each had planned to walk an entire day with me on Tuesday and Wednesday so I added their names to the blog. 

Carol Robinett who had put me up the prior thirteen days also graciously offered to put me up until I was ready to drive home.

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Dave! Once you are rested, I would be glad to do post-fundraiser article about your "journey" on my site. I am touched and moved by your heroic accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete