Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 088 Pleasant Hill to Freeman MO

Temps were in the 70's. The day started out mostly sunny and finished mostly overcast. 

I travelled south on Missouri 7 to Harrisonville which is the midpoint for the walk. I passed a number of well kept homes quite a few with man made lakes. I walked past a Christmas tree farm and multiple horse farms including one that specialized in therapeutic riding. 

I came upon the largest dead turtle I've seen. The shell was about 12 inches long. I passed a golf country club that was busy on a Sunday morning. 

In Harrisonville the Catholic Church had outgrown it's old church. The new church has an interesting architecture.  I came across the Sharp-Hopper Log Cabin and could see the clock tower for the Cass County Court House. 

At the western side of Harrisonville I left Missouri 7 and proceeded east on Missouri 2. The shoulders on Route 2 were paved and very wide which made for easy walking. I passed a farm with a large herd of cattle. 




No comments:

Post a Comment