Saturday, May 25, 2013

Day 087 - Lone Jack to Pleasant Hill MO

Temps were in the 60's and 70's on a mostly sunny day. For the first five miles I traveled east on Missouri 150. I passed a number of really well maintained homes and barns. 

I passed the Lone Jack Civil War Museum and a historical marker detailing the battle of Lone Jack. The battle occurred here on August 15 & 16, 1862. It resulted in a Confederate victory. 

A short distance away a herd of donkeys came over to check me out. Further down the road I saw a herd of cattle fording a small stream. 

Once I got to Missouri 7 I headed south thru the town of Pleasant Hill. Before entering the town I came across a couple horses that followed me the entire width of their property. 
After leaving the town I came across a peach and nectarine orchard. 



No comments:

Post a Comment