Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 086 - Pittsville to Lone Jack MO

Temps were in the 50's and 60's on a mostly sunny day. There was a 15 mph tailwind from the east south east. The terrain was the same rolling hills I've encountered the last couple weeks. 

Right at the beginning of the walk I passed a  property with a number of impressive new buildings. A short distance later there was a very colorful minivan that advertised that they would buy old cars for cash. 

Near the midpoint of the walk I passed the entrance to Powell Gardens. I could not see into the gardens from the highway. Next was a series of colorful abandoned buildings. They looked like they belonged on the set of a Hollywood western. 

Towards the end of the walk I passed the large Black Cat Fireworks Outlet.  WINCO Fireworks was founded in 1979. Something different I saw today was a handful of dead turtles that were not much bigger than a silver dollar. 

For over 100 miles in the vicinity of Kansas City US Route 50 is on Interstate Highways. Because of this I will be passing to the south of Kansas City working my way towards Emporia, Kansas where Route 50 is walkable again. I will be using MO 150, MO 7, MO 2, KS 68 and Old State Highway 50.  

Trivia Answer:

I walk between 13 and 15 miles per day. On average I walk 4.5 to 5 hours per day. 





2 comments:

  1. A series of misdiagnosis have allowed the spread of Charles's colon Cancer which has now spread to his liver and kidneys, We abruptly found out about his cancer on may 26th 2013, it is spreading as we speak we are looking to try something called cannabis oil possibly chemo therapy.
    This is a extremely hard and sad time for us, My father is the sole provider for his wife and 4 kids, twins 12 years, son 16years and daughter 13 years, he is now no longer able to work and is not only stressing about surviving but also how he will support his family and pay for alternative life saving treatments.
    This traumatic finding of cancer is extremely sad and stressful on our family; we are trying anything we can to get Charles healthy
    We have started the Phoenix Tears/cannabis oil Treatment partnered with Chemo Therapy and a major change in diet. The Phoenix tears is crucial to saving charles's life these treatments are 80$ per day over 2400$ per month.
    Any support you can contribute to help Charles & family make it through these tough time would be so appreciated.
    Thank you for your love and support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey does ovarian cancer be caused due to ovarian cyst rupture only???

    Let me know

    ReplyDelete